Last Monday, Tyler was diagnosed with testicular cancer, or as the doctor wrote down "non-seminoma germ cell tumor". After some further tests last week, they did find a couple of spots on his lungs, as well as one on the lymph node in his neck. They did not run a biopsy on these spots, as they are already scheduled for chemotherapy, starting tomorrow. They will be watching the one on his neck in the first week. If it does not shrink, they will need to consider removing it surgically.
The Treatment Plan:
Starting tomorrow, Oct 1st, he will undergo aggressive chemotherapy treatments. He will go 5 days straight this week. On Monday, they will run more tests to check the progress. The following Tuesday, they will do another dose of chemo treatments and take a break until the next Tuesday, when they'll do another chemo treatment. The following week, he'll go 5 days straight again. This will continue for 4 months.
- Complete healing for Tyler
- Wisdom for the doctors
- That Tyler's body will react to the Chemo appropriately
- That the lymph node will shrink without surgery
- Peace for the family as they stand by his side through this grueling process
- Endurance and strength for Tyler as he goes through this for the next 4 months
- That there will be no infections that develop while Tyler's immune system is affected by the chemo treatments
Please join us as we pray for Tyler and his family - especially his parents Michelle and Tim as they embark on this journey. Michelle will be providing me updates to post on here. Tyler also has access to post updates if he'd like along the way.