Tyler - 17 year old fighting cancer!

Tyler - 17 year old fighting cancer!
Ready for Battle!

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Needing a Miracle

Tyler has been out of surgery for a few hours. We had one of those surgeons with 0 bedside manner. If I had posted immediately after, it would have been a hot mess. So, I apologize if you've been waiting for an update. We've calmed down a bit, so here goes.

I'm struggling between keeping it positive and giving you the facts, but I'll do my best to lay it out for you. They opened him up and he is septic (full of infection). So they have cleaned him out again, but were not able to close him due to the swelling. Being septic can kill a healthy person after surgery, so having advanced disease and 3 chemo treatments before this began, puts him behind. But man, this kid is a fighter! And his mom, oh his mom....she is the strongest person I've seen in this. She is remaining calm and reasonable, when the rest of us aren't quite there all the time. But besides all of that, we are trusting in God for a miracle.

I don't want to put this miracle request lightly. I know people throw that around all the time. I'm not talking about some "god" or some harmony with the universe or some good karma kind of "god". I'm talking about the kind of miracle that can come from the one true God. The one that created us and knew us from the time we were in our mother's womb. The one who sent his only son, Jesus Christ, to die for our sins. The one that we can have eternal life through if we confess our sins and believe in Him. You broke God's law, you sinned, but Jesus paid the fine for us. And He was broken and killed for us and the miracle is that He was RAISED FROM THE DEAD by the power of the Holy Spirit! That's the power I'm trusting and asking you to trust in right now.

So please, if you are a believer in the one true God, by the grace of Jesus Christ, enter into His throne room and pray for mercy and grace and healing and peace over Tyler Joseph right now. We love this boy and we are believing in the power of Jesus that will bring glory to His name through this.

I'll jump off my pulpit now. Love you all and thankful for your prayers and concerns!

Jettie

1 comment:

  1. Praying hard for you Tyler. This,post brought me to tears. No parent should ever have to endure this type of pain.

    ReplyDelete