Tyler - 17 year old fighting cancer!

Tyler - 17 year old fighting cancer!
Ready for Battle!

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Inoperable

Inoperable. Nothing left that the doctors can do.

Yesterday's news was not what we wanted to hear. The kind of news that takes the last drop of hope and washes it clean away. A word that is really hard to accept. I think because accepting feels like giving up...and that's not something any of us are willing to do.

The surgical team came today to talk with Tyler and Michelle and confirm the news. 25 doctors looked at this case...no one will touch it. The only glimmer of hope they offered was to put him on the list to be a candidate for a full abdominal transplant. Sounds crazy and impossible to me. But to Tyler, this word offered back the hope he needed to get out of bed today and go down to physical therapy. If he's going to be a candidate, then he's gotta be strong, he said.

I love this kid! I love him with all my heart. I watched him pedal that bike this afternoon and try to stay awake and try to stay strong. I watched him wear himself out, but still walk over to his wheel chair instead of having it brought to him.

Never Ever Give Up, buddy. Never ever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment